Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is just so simple to do and is a nice starter. You could always cut up finely a red or green chilli if you like things hot. Best made close to serving
- 1 (170 g) can crabmeat, drained
- 1 green onion, end trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sour cream or 1 tablespoon yoghurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, halved and stone removed
- 8 leaves red oak leaf lettuce, washed and torn
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine the crabmeat, green shallot, sour cream (or yoghurt) and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Spoon the crabmeat mixture evenly among avocado halves.
- Place avocado halves and lettuce leaves in a shallow serving bowl and season with pepper.
Latchy this was a very nice light salad that went well with our grilled fish meal. I did all a little extra sour cream because it was a little dry. I also sprinkled lemon juice on the avocado before filling with the crabmeat mixture. Thanks for a great recipe.
After tasting I decided this did not need yoghurt or cayenne pepper. I used lemon juice and salt / pepper. A wonderful salad. The delicate crab flavor and avacaco blend beautifully. With just a hint of lemon.
Definately simple to do, but we felt it needed plenty of freshly groung rock salt, and then sprinkled it with a lemon, garlic, mustard dressing as we ate our way through the avocado as we felt it was a bit dry. But a great recipe we'll make again. Oh, and we added a chopped green chilli for that bit of heat!