Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love an avocado salad nomatter what, but this one is particularly refreshing. The lime dressing will keep for 3-5 days in a covered container in the refrigerator. If limes are unavailable, use lemons instead. You can also cut the avocado into cubes or make into balls with a melon baller (the avocado must be firm), pour over the dressing as indicated and serve as an appetizer.
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 -3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- In a small browl, combine lime peel, lime juice, brown sugar, oil, parsley and chili peppers. Whish until well combined. Spoon over avocados.
- Serve as a tangy side salad to fish, shellfish, chicken or meat dishes.
The tangy dressing made this special. I served it with Recipe #401126 for the Dec P-A-R-T-Y event.
This was so simple to prepare, and I loved the tangy citrus dressing! A lovely dressing for any salad, but especially delicious over creamy avos. My avos were not fabulous, so the dressing saved them! I served this for friends, and despite my poor avo, they all went away with the recipe! You will see the avo pit in the photo - my one friend assures me that leaving the pit on the plate means that the avo will not discolour. It was all eaten so quickly that I have yet to put that to the test! Thank you Valeria! Made for Vegetarian Swap #15
I had this as a little side dish with steak and corn on the cob. It added a refreshing element to the plate. I ate the left overs right out of the bowl the next day too!