Recipe by HeatherFeather
This salad has a very different taste and looks lovely on a luncheon table. I usually prepare the rice the night before so it is ready to prepare in the morning, by lunch the salad is ready to serve. I use Rice a Roni Wild Rice Pilaf mix for this recipe most often, but you may use the wild rice mix of your choice. Adapted from a recipe found in Quick Cooking.
Top Review by Miss Annie
A very nice salad! Actually, you could add some grilled chicken to the dish and have a one dish supper. I especially liked the flavors of the marinated artichokes and mushrooms with the avacado. The dish was easy to prepare. I will be using this recipe again. Thanks!
- 2 (6 ounce) packages long grain and wild rice blend, such as uncle ben's or 2 (6 ounce) packages Rice-A-Roni
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and cut in small chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marinated mushrooms, undrained
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 -2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved & quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 -3 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- lettuce leaf, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Follow package directions to prepare the rice mixes and cool in the fridge.
- Combine cold rice with the remaining ingredients, tossing gently to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least for 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, line a bowl or platter with clean lettuce leaves and mound the salad on top.