24 hrs 30 mins
This salad has a very different taste and looks lovely on a luncheon table. I usually prepare the rice the night before so it is ready to prepare in the morning, by lunch the salad is ready to serve. I use Rice a Roni Wild Rice Pilaf mix for this recipe most often, but you may use the wild rice mix of your choice. Adapted from a recipe found in Quick Cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (6 ounce) packages long grain and wild rice blend, such as uncle ben's or 2 (6 ounce) packages Rice-A-Roni
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and cut in small chunks
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marinated mushrooms, undrained
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 -2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved & quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 -3 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- lettuce leaf, garnish
- 1Follow package directions to prepare the rice mixes and cool in the fridge.
- 2Combine cold rice with the remaining ingredients, tossing gently to combine.
- 3Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least for 6 hours.
- 4When ready to serve, line a bowl or platter with clean lettuce leaves and mound the salad on top.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado & Wild Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.4
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 180.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
long grain and wild rice blend