Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Originally to go with Pork Skewers With Avocado Tzatziki Sauce posted from the Rocky Mountian News Wednesday Spotlight section.
- 2 cups plain yogurt (see note)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup peeled seeded and grated cucumber (1 large cucumber)
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt.
- Add the grated cucumber and the diced avocado and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Straining the yogurt through cheesecloth for 30 minutes and discarding the liquid will make it thicker, but you can skip this step.
This was delicious. I split the batch in half and added hot sauce to the one so I'd have one regular and one spicy - my husband likes everything hot. I served with kofte(turkish fried meatballs) and mini pitas in little sandwiches. It was a hit. Thank you!
Perfect with recipe #252407. For PAC.