For the avocado and tzatziki lover's of this world. A Greek classic with an Aussie twist! Here is a delicious and yet simple way to combine your favorite food with Tzatziki. The recipe calls for 1 teaspoon of salt, but I half this as I found it too salty. I also tend to dice the avocado very finely or lightly mash.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1 avocado, large, de seeded, peeled and diced
- In a bowl combine the lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic & salt to the yoghurt.
- Add the grated cucumber, and avocado and mix into the yoghurt.
- Place mix into serving dish and chill for at least one hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Amazing Tzatziki recipe Tisme. This recipe got my tzatziki hating hubby to enjoy tzatziki. Kudos to you my dear panther. This tzatziki was perfection, it had a great silky texture and a lovely flavor. We really enjoyed that the tzatziki was not overpowering in anyway, you could taste all the different ingredients in this dish. I really loved how easy it was to prepare. We will be enjoying this treat often. It has been placed in my Favorites Cookbook for 2013.