Top Review by Soobeeoz
This made a very tasty and satisfying lunch. I used oat and honey loaf and sweet gherkins so my sandwich was quite sweet, and I used extra sharp cheese, frying the complete sandwich in little organic butter in a pan on the stove top. Next time I'll either use white bread (so the sandwich crisps) or hamburgers buns as per the recipe, and will post a rating. Thanks!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 2 (7 3/4 ounce) canssockeye salmon (or 1 large can)
- 6 slices processed swiss cheese
- sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler to about 475 degrees.
- Peel and slice avocado and sprinkle with part of the lemon juice.
- Divide avocado slices evenly over the bottoms of the hamburger buns.
- Drain salmon and break into chunks.
- Divide evenly over avocado slices,and sprinkle with remaining lemon juice.
- Top with second halves of the buns, then with cheese slices.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Broil about 8 inches from heat until cheese melts and the sandwiches are heated through.
- Garnish with dill pickles.