Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This relish is so versatile. We love it as a great addition to grilled chicken or fish, and also love it as a topping for hot nachos, or as an alternative to guacamole.
- 1 avocado, pared and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In small bowl, combine avocado and lime juice; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients, mix well and carefully fold into avocado mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until flavors blend, at least 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir well.
- A nice addition to broiled chicken or fish.
Very appetizing! I served this on Lorac`s Parmesan Tomatoes recipe #69181
This was excellent. Very simple, quick & with few ingredients to mess with. I served it as garnish for a chile` bean soup & it was gone within 15 minutes. Normally, I would have made guacamole` but only had a few avocados & wanted it to stretch further for 30 people. Several people wanted this recipe so I passed it on. It was so light & refreshing; it would have made a great salad as well served in a lettuce leaf cup. Thanks!