Recipe by 80sQueen
This light and creamy pesto will go great with any pasta, on top of breaded and fried eggplant, grilled chicken, or even on top of salmon! It tastes great warmed up or even cold the next day. I've used all sweet basil, and I've used a mixture of sweet basil, lemon basil, and lime basil. You can also add a serrano pepper for extra kick! Turns out great every time!
- 2 cups fresh basil (sweet, lemon, or lime basil, mixing is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 2 medium avocados (peeled and pitted)
- 2 large garlic cloves (more if garlic cloves are smaller)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil (plus more if needed)
- 1 serrano pepper (optional for spicy kick)
- 1 lb of your favorite pasta or 1 lb your favorite grilled meat, etc
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin cooking your favorite pasta or protein.
- Place avocados, pine nuts, fresh basil, garlic, lemon juice, and 1/3 cup olive oil in food processor.
- Process until smooth. Stop and scrape down sides, if needed.
- If mixture is dry, drizzle more olive oil through top while processing until creamy. Not much will be needed.
- Taste for salt.
- Toss with drained, cooked pasta or place on top of grilled steak, chicken, or even salmon!