This light and creamy pesto will go great with any pasta, on top of breaded and fried eggplant, grilled chicken, or even on top of salmon! It tastes great warmed up or even cold the next day. I've used all sweet basil, and I've used a mixture of sweet basil, lemon basil, and lime basil. You can also add a serrano pepper for extra kick! Turns out great every time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh basil (sweet, lemon, or lime basil, mixing is fine)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 2 medium avocados (peeled and pitted)
- 2 large garlic cloves (more if garlic cloves are smaller)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil (plus more if needed)
- 1 serrano pepper (optional for spicy kick)
- 1 lb of your favorite pasta or 1 lb your favorite grilled meat, etc
- 1Begin cooking your favorite pasta or protein.
- 2Place avocados, pine nuts, fresh basil, garlic, lemon juice, and 1/3 cup olive oil in food processor.
- 3Process until smooth. Stop and scrape down sides, if needed.
- 4If mixture is dry, drizzle more olive oil through top while processing until creamy. Not much will be needed.
- 5Taste for salt.
- 6Toss with drained, cooked pasta or place on top of grilled steak, chicken, or even salmon!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Pesto Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 867.1
- Calories from Fat 415
- Total Fat 46.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 19.9 g