Recipe by txkimmers
This is a nice light summer salad. Make sure you use a good jalapeno jelly.
Top Review by Barb R
This a wonderful, flavorful salad! I have been remiss in reviewing it so far, as my family has made it at least three times.
The flavors are so intricate, it's absolutely delicious! And what a healthy, filling salad!
Thanks for the recipe, txkimmers!
- 2 cups jicama
- 2 large oranges
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno jelly
- 1 large Hass avocado
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup red onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel jicama and julienne by cutting into 1/4 inch thick slices, then stack and cut into 1/4 inch strips.
- Chop strips onto 2 inch sticks, place in a medium bowl.
- Remove peel and pith from oranges and cut into sections (hold over bowl or slice on a grooved board in order to retain juices).
- Add sections and juice into bowl with jicama.
- Squeeze remaining juice from orange membranes into separate small bowl, add jelly and blend.
- Pour jelly/juice over jicama and orange sections.
- Cut avocado into 1/2 inch dice, chop cilantro and red onion to your preferred size (not too big though).
- Toss with jicama and oranges and let stand 10 minutes or chill for 30 before serving.
- May be served over greens.