Recipe by FloridaNative
My husband found this recipe in his Triathlete magazine, so we whipped it up tonight. "This twist on regular hummus - a Mediterranean diet staple - is so creamy and delicious (and packed with healthy fats), that you may just eat it with a spoon and lose the pita altogether!" From Triathlete Magazine, November 2009.
Top Review by Chef Jean
Great twist on a classic recipe. The addition of the avacodo was perfect...made a creamy hummus that had a perfect flavor. I used the exact amount of water listed in the recipe and it came out great. Made for PAC spring '11.
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, pit removed, peeled and sliced
- 5 tablespoons sesame tahini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of (or more to taste)
- 4 -5 garlic cloves (pressed or minced)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I used Sea Salt Seasoning)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mixed peppercorns
- 3⁄4 cup water (can use less to get the 'right' consistency)