1/1 Photo of Avocado Hummus
My husband found this recipe in his Triathlete magazine, so we whipped it up tonight. "This twist on regular hummus - a Mediterranean diet staple - is so creamy and delicious (and packed with healthy fats), that you may just eat it with a spoon and lose the pita altogether!" From Triathlete Magazine, November 2009.
My Private Note
cups ap ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, pit removed, peeled and sliced
- 5 tablespoons sesame tahini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of (or more to taste)
- 4 -5 garlic cloves (pressed or minced)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I used Sea Salt Seasoning)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper or 1/2 teaspoon ground mixed peppercorns
- 3/4 cup water (can use less to get the 'right' consistency)
- 1Peel and cut avocado, removing the pit.
- 2Combine all ingredients in food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- 3Serve with warm pita wedges, pita chips, or vegetable crudites.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Avocado Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (962 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 808.5
- Calories from Fat 498
- Total Fat 55.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 632.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: