Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
An interesting alternative to the well-known party treat
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 ounces flour
- 8 fluid ounces milk
- 4 fluid ounces cream
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 8 ounces avocados (well mashed)
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, for serving
- brown bread, thin slices
- Melt the butter in the fondue pot and add the onion. Saute gently until soft.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, add milk, cream, salt, pepper, lemon juice and avocado, do not allow to boil. Add cheese, stir until melted. Blend in brandy.
- Use peeled shrimps for dipping. Serve brown bread and butter separately.