Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Got this out of the "Great Vegetables from the Great Chefs" cookbook. Enjoy!
- 1 cup steamed corn kernel (about 3 ears)
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon diced tomato
- 1 teaspoon chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients.
- This keeps 2 to 3 days tightly covered in the refrigerator.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups.
I made this recipe to use on top of Stuffed Peppers. This is a wonderful recipe to use as a side dish, appetizer, or use as a topping for beef or pork. We really enjoyed the taste, and the visual appeal was a plus. It was easy to put together. Thanks for posting and sharing this wonderful recipe. I will use this one again!
As I saw the ingredients and imagined the colors, I had to tag this.
I was lucky that I had all ingredients on hand I simply could start. Only the cilantro was frozen because I can't get this always in the shop.
It was not only colorful and beatiful but extremly yummy as well! All the flavors melted well together.
Thanks a lot for posting this recipe.
It was more cost effective for me to just use 1 Tbsp, chopped, from one pepper so I chose green for contrast with the yellow corn and red tomatoes. Otherwise made as directed. Very beautiful, very yummy!