Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I'm not an ordinary breakfast eater (by North American standards). I like savory dishes and soups and all kinds of interesting things for breakfast, but rarely enjoy sweet cereals or toast. My family thinks I'm insane, but I don't care. In any case, this particular salad appealed to me one morning so I threw it together and it turned out delicious. Prep time includes time to boil egg. While egg is boiling, cut all the rest of the ingredients and it comes together in a jiffy. This works well using Catalina/French style dressing as well.
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced
- 1⁄2 avocado, just ripe peeled and sliced
- 1 clementine orange, peeled and separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped fine (about one sprig, leaves removed from stem)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grapefruit juice, freshly squeezed (or lemon or lime works well too)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash poppy seed
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- In a bowl, combine egg, avocado, orange and cilantro then set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the oil, fruit juice, sugar, poppy seeds, salt and pepper. Stir vigorously to completely combine.
- Pour dressing over salad in bowl and enjoy!