Recipe by Sharon123
A yummy way to fix stuffed eggs! From the Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cooking.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
Very flavourful stuffed egg recipe. I substituted fresh dill for the parsley as I wanted a more assertive herb (and dill works very well with all the other ingredients). Be prepared for a pink-stuffed egg. The beet turns the mayonnaise the wildest shade of pink and these eggs will definitely attract attention. I did add just a dash of sugar to the mayo too. BTW, the caper at the end is not just decorative, it provides a great burst of pungent saltiness.
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, shelled
- 1⁄2 cup minced cooked beet
- 4 teaspoons minced capers
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 1 whole capers
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the eggs into halves crosswise.
- Remove the yolks.
- Cut a thin slice from the bottom of each egg-white so it can stand upright.
- Add next 7 ingredients to the yolks.
- Beat smooth.
- Spoon into the egg-white shells, forming a small mound on each.
- Decorate each with a caper.
- Makes 12 servings.