Recipe by BakinBaby
Potato, Sweet Potato & Rutabaga... so simple so good. I found this little gem at our local Kroger store recipe bar. If you're not comfortable with rutagagas, you can combine 1 1/2 cups of onion, turnips and carrots.
- 1 potato (peeled,thinley sliced)
- 1 sweet potato (peeled, thinly sliced)
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetables (rutabaga,onion,turnip or carrot)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or half and half)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehead oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large skillet arange potatoes and vegetables in overlapping layers,.
- Pour broth over vegetables, season with salt & fresh ground pepper, bring to boiling over medium heat, reduce heat and simmer covered about 15 minute.
- In a small bowl, stir together half and half & cornstarch, pour over vegetables, simmer until thickened; sprinkle with cheese.
- Place skillet in oven, bake about 5 minute or until cheese is bubbly. Let cool before serving.