Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We love this creamy smooth spiced pumpkin dip served with crisp slices of red and green apples and Dutch or Swedish ginger cookies!
- 8 ounces pure pumpkin puree (I use Libby's)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup golden brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a medium bowl, beat the pumpkin and the cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in the brown sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon; combine well and beat until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time. We like to serve this with ginger cookies and apple slices as dippers. Enjoy!
This was excellent. Being diabetic, I love finding a recipe that is so easy to to convert to diabetic-friendly (which means watching sugar AND fat). I used Sugar Twin's Brown Sugar, and low fat (nuefchatel) cream cheese. Because Sugar Twin has a funky aftertaste, I added a splash (less than a TBS) of sugar free caramel drink syrup (the kind that you use to flavor coffee drinks. Huge hit! Definitely will be making this one again!
I really didn't make this, my neighbor did. She brought it over to our Halloween party and it was soooo good! I think when I make it, I will go with Lightly Toasted suggestion to use a diabetic friendly sugar, like maybe the Splenda Brown Sugar. Thanks for the post! Yum!
Yum! I tried to make it as 'light' as possible - so I followed it perfectly except I used the whole 15oz can of pumpkin, and I used fat free cream cheese. Fabulous!