Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is made from Napa cabbage (called Chinese leaves in Great Britain), herbed cheese, pineapple and dressed with yogurt. Napa cabbage is used more for its crunchy texture than its flavor since it is so mild. Sage Derby cheese is a mild, semi-hard cheese mottled with sage (or sometimes parsley, spinach, marigold). From "The Great British Kitchen" as published by The British Food Trust. This organization is dedicated to preserving the history and development of all British cuisine.
- 8 ounces sage derby cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces pineapple rings, drained and cubed
- 1⁄2 red pepper, diced
- 2 ounces raisins
- 1 ounce walnuts, rough chopped
- 6 ounces napa cabbage, shredded (Chinese leaves)
- 5 ounces plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- fresh chives, chopped for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine cheese, pineapple, red pepper, raisins, walnuts, and cabbage; in another bowl, whisk together yogurt, mustard, garlic, and honey.
- Pour yogurt dressing over salad and mix well.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve.