Autumn Chicken Salad
- Ready In:
- 2 medium gala apples, cored and diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the diced apples in a large bowl and toss them in the lemon juice.
- Add the cubed chicken, red onion, shredded carrots, pecan pieces, and golden raisins.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, sugar, and cinnamon; pour over chicken salad mixture and toss to evenly coat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill at least 1-2 hours before serving.
Join The Conversation
I enjoyed this version of chicken salad quite a bit. I thought the inclusion of cinnamon was inspired and tasted delicious! It really did make me think of fall. I know I am raving over the cinammon, but to assure future readers; it really is a background note, not overpowering at all. I will be making this again and again. Thank you chef for a keeper!
This was a very tasty lunch! I cut the recipe in half to serve my DH and myself. We ate it on lettuce leaves and I have enough left over for lunch tomorrow for me. The only thing I don't like is the aftertaste of the onions. I think I would cut back some on those and increase the amount of carrots instead. 4 stars.