Recipe by Mary in LA.
Delicious Bread Pudding I found this recipe next to a Domino brown sugar coupon.
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 1⁄2 cups domino light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 in)
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 -3 whole wheat rolls (cubed and toasted)
- 1 banana (sliced)
- 1 apple (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts
- 1⁄4 cup almonds (sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- With butter, grease a 1 quart shallow baking dish.
- In medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, water, corn syrup, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Bring to a boil over med heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- In baking dish,arrange ingredients in a single layer of bread, bananas, apples, raisins, peanuts and almonds.
- Remove and discard spices from sugar syrup. Slowly pour syrup over bread and fruit mixture to moisten bread well.
- Reserve some syrup to use at serving.
- Cover and bake for 20- 25 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Uncover and continue baking 10-15 minutes until pudding top is.
- crisp and golden.
- Serve warm with syrup and whipped cream if desired.