Prep 3 mins
Cook 11 mins
This tastes exactly like our local Syrian pastry shop. Recipe acquired from http://www.yasalamcooking.com
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- In a 2 quart saucepan heat sugar and water and bring to a full boil on high.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring.
- Stir in freshly squeezed lemon juice and simmer for 1 minute more.
- Set aside to cool then add rose and orange blossom water.
- Use over your favourite Middle Eastern pastries.