Recipe by Annacia
From Australia with love comes this amazing dessert. Cooking time is chill time, if chilled for less than 6 hrs the flavors will not have matured.
- 100 ml strong oxfam fair coffee
- 75 ml sherry wine (Pedro Ximinez prefered )
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups marcapone cheese
- 30 small ladyfingers (savoiardi cookies prefered )
- 90 g bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 75 g milk chocolate, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix coffee and pedro ximinez together and set aside.
- Over a double boiler, beat egg yolks and sugar until mixture lightens in colour and forms ribbons (i.e. halfway to zabaglione consistancy). Allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Fold mascarpone into egg yolk mixture one quarter at a time.
- Fold mascarpone mixture into egg whites and set aside.
- Using a pastry brush, paint the cookies with the espresso/pedro ximinez.
- Lay savoiardi along edges of wine goblets all the way to the bottom, lining.
- the entire glass (while keeping 6 savoiardi for later use).
- Fill each goblet one-third full with mascarpone mixture and sprinkle with.
- bittersweet chocolate.
- Lay one savoiardi across centre and paint with coffee mixture.
- Fill each wine goblets with remaining mascarpone mixture, topping each with.
- grated milk chocolate.
- Chill at least 6 hours before serving.