Recipe by Diana #2
My husband's Aunt Vi was a fabulous cook. If there was anything guaranteed at Christmas, it was her potent rumballs. These do pack a punch. This is one treat that's 'Adults Only'. I'm very happy to be able to carry on the tradition.
Top Review by Sara 76
These taste great! I made them for hubby, and I'm sure he's going to love them. I will make them again, but I think next time I will roll them in chocolate splinters, as they keep going sticky, no matter how many rolls they get in icing sugar. Great recipe, thabks for sharing! [Made for Aus/NZ Swap]
- 1 1⁄4 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup rum
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together wafer crumbs, 1 cup of icing sugar, pecans and cocoa.
- In a separate bowl, mix together syrup and rum.
- Stir the syrup mixture into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Form into 1" balls, and roll in the remaining 1/2 cup of icing sugar.
- Store in an air tight container.