1/3 Photos of Aunt Pittypat's Coconut Pudding
Sara 76's Note:
This recipe comes from the "Gone With The Wind Cook Book - Famous Southern Cooking Recipes". There is a note in the foreward which I love: "Gone With The Wind told of a style of living. as well as a romantic drama, A way of living, playing, and eating that thrilled us all."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine cornstarch, 4 TB sugar, and salt; stir in milk gradually.
- 2Cook over hot water until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- 3Beat egg yolks; stir in hot milk mixture slowly.
- 4Cook over hot water until mixture coats spoon, stirring constantly.
- 6Add vanilla and almond extracts. Pour into shallow baking dish; sprinkle with coconut.
- 7Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; add remaining sugar gradually, beating constantly.
- 8Drop by spoonfuls on custard.
- 9Bake at 160C for 15 minutes, until browned.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Pittypat's Coconut Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.2
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 141.5 mg
- Sodium 256.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 9.2 g