Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe has been a favorite in my family for years. It's delicious as breakfast or an evening treat!
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup preserves, any kind
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Cut cream cheese with butter into Bisquick until crumbly.
- Stir in 1/4 cup milk.
- Put on floured surface and knead 10-12 strokes.
- On waxed paper, roll dough to 12x18-inch rectangle.
- Invert on greased baking sheet.
- Remove paper.
- Spread jam down center.
- Fold over.
- Bake at 355 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes.
- Stir together confectioner's sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Drizzle over cake.
I used raspberry preserves and followed directions exactly, except it took about 1/3 cup milk to moisten dough enough to roll it out. My family thought it should be sweeter with more filling, and the dough wasn't tender enough for their taste. Kree, sorry I couldn't honestly rate it higher, as you do have so many good recipes!