Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This recipe was passed down from my great-aunt. I loved it as a kid and even more so now.
- 1 lb carrot, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups cubed day-old bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, add carrots and enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and cook until carrots are tender.
- Drain and mash carrots.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add next 5 ingredients.
- Stir into carrots.
- Add bread cubes and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- At 350 degrees, bake, uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until set.