Recipe by Oolala
From a community cookbook. Uses white wine, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, an onion soup packet, and chili sauce.
- 4 -5 lbs beef brisket
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 cup chili sauce, Heinz is best
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the brown sugar, vinegar, soup mix, chili sauce and white wine in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Place a large piece of foil in the bottom on a large casserole so that the brisket could be covered with some tenting by the foil.
- Put the brisket on top of the foil in the casserole pan.
- Pour the sauce over the meat and and seal the foil over the brisket close but with a little bit of a tent on top.
- Cook for 3-4 hours until tender.
- Slice meat thinly, against the grain.