Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of my family's favorite Mexican side dishes. It takes a little while to put it all together, but well worth it. We have tried other Spanish Rice recipes and always come back to hers. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup raw rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cook bacon.
- Pour 1/2 of the grease into the casserole dish.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Crumble bacon on top before serving.