Prep 30 mins
Cook 38 mins
This is an excellent recipe i came up with. I really like upside down pineapple cake, and i thought I'd try to bake it from scratch. It was wonderful so i thought i would share it.I used pineapple chunks instead because it was all i had in the cabinet at the time. Also i left the cherries out because no one in the house likes them, you can include them if you want, make a little design and have fun with it! This cake is superb with vanilla ice cream.
- 709.77 ml self-rising flour
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml butter
- 4 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml milk
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml diced pineapple chunk, diced
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- in bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt and sift together.
- in a separate bowl combine eggs and butter.
- cream together with hand mixer.
- gradually add sugar while continuing to blend.
- add vanilla and milk, blend till mixed.
- gradually add dry ingredients to wet batter.
- mix well, but don't over mix.
- icing: place melted butter in round cake pan.
- put in the brown sugar and mix with butter.
- make sure it is evenly spread around the pan.
- sprinkle pineapples around pan.
- evenly pour batter into pan.
- bake for 35 minutes or until you can insert a tooth pick and it comes out clean.
- Note:if you want to include cherries sprinkle in with pineapples.
- take out of pan immediatly or the sugar will stick to the pan.