1/3 Photos of Aunt Jerri's Upside-Down Pineapple Cake
1 hr 8 mins
This is an excellent recipe i came up with. I really like upside down pineapple cake, and i thought I'd try to bake it from scratch. It was wonderful so i thought i would share it.I used pineapple chunks instead because it was all i had in the cabinet at the time. Also i left the cherries out because no one in the house likes them, you can include them if you want, make a little design and have fun with it! This cake is superb with vanilla ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2in bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt and sift together.
- 3in a separate bowl combine eggs and butter.
- 4cream together with hand mixer.
- 5gradually add sugar while continuing to blend.
- 6add vanilla and milk, blend till mixed.
- 7gradually add dry ingredients to wet batter.
- 8mix well, but don't over mix.
- 9icing: place melted butter in round cake pan.
- 10put in the brown sugar and mix with butter.
- 11make sure it is evenly spread around the pan.
- 12sprinkle pineapples around pan.
- 13evenly pour batter into pan.
- 14bake for 35 minutes or until you can insert a tooth pick and it comes out clean.
- 15Note:if you want to include cherries sprinkle in with pineapples.
- 16take out of pan immediatly or the sugar will stick to the pan.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Jerri's Upside-Down Pineapple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1636 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 463.3
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 121.6 mg
- Sodium 722.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 39.2 g
- Protein 6.0 g