Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Cheesey Mushroom casserole
Make and share this Aunt Freda's Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x11 casserole dish with 1 tbs of butter (not melted).
- In a large stock pot melt butter on medium low heat and add cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper and mix well. Add both cheeses and stir until well melted. Stir in the onions, mushrooms, and sour cream. Gradually add the thawed hashbrowns mixing well. Once mixed add to the greased casserole dish and bake at 350 degees for 45 minute.
- You can also make this ahead of time. To reheat simply cover with plastic wrap and place in the microwave for 10 min or cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minute (dont bake twice).