Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
Aunt Dora also used bacon fat as part of her oil when she had it.
- 1 cup whole natural bran
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Soak bran and sour cream together for 30 minutes.
- Beat sugar, oil, eggs, and juice.
- Add in sour cream/bran mixture.
- Add in dry ingredients.
- Pour into greased muffin tins.
- Bake 350 degrees for 15 min.
- or until tester comes away clean.