Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious frosting for any carrot cake Red Velvet Cake. I like to make mine white, but in the Chicago area you often see it tinted pink.
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 453.59 g package powdered sugar
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml pecans
- 118.29 ml coconut
- 0.06-0.13 ml red food coloring (optional)
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and butter on high speed until smooth.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and continue beating until spreadable.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add pecans, coconut and red food coloring (if desired for Red Velvet Cake).
Absolutely delish!! I put this on Tennessee Hummingbird Cake. It totally set that cake off. Excellent I will be making again. Thank you for a wonderful recipe. I tagged this in memory of Chef Monday!!