1/1 Photo of Aunt Betty's Apple Upside Down Corn Bread
This is from my Aunt Betty who has been making this for at least 50 years. She didn't remember where the recipe came from. Serve with butter and warm maple syrup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1Preheat oven to 375 F.
- 2For topping, heat butter and syrup in an iron skillet. Add apples and cook slightly 5 minutes. Arrange in the bottom of the skillet.
- 3For cornbread:.
- 4Combine all dry ingredients and form a "well" in the center.
- 5Beat together wet ingredients in the well. Stir until just combined. Spread gently over the apples.
- 6Bake 30-35 minutes. Test with a toothpick for doneness.
- 7Cool for 5 minutes. Invert on a plate.
- 8Serve warm with butter and syrup.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aunt Betty's Apple Upside Down Corn Bread
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.7
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 43.5 mg
- Sodium 278.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 4.1 g