Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my mom's famous recipes. She was known for her fried chicken, cabbage rolls and homemade bread. My mom passed away Nov 11.05 from 5 yrs battling colon cancer.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (20 ounce) can chunk pineapple, drained
- 2 large firm bananas, sliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- salad greens, to lay it on
- 3⁄4 cup salted peanuts, halves
- Place chicken and celery in a large bowl, combine mayo and chili powder, add to chicken mixture and mix well.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Before serving add pineapple, bananas, oranges and coconut.
- Toss gently.
- Serve on greens.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.
Shirl, this looks yummy! I plan on making it soon and then I will rate the recipe! I know I will enjoy all of the flavors. Instead of the peanuts I might use cashews as they are so good with chicken salad. I'll let you know how it turns out! Your Mom sure was a good cook...I can tell by reading the recipes. You have chosen to honor her by sharing her recipes here and I know she is sooo pleased! Winnie