Recipe by Cluich
This is an interesting twist on eggplant. It makes a great side for lamb, or it can be served over rice as the centerpiece to a meal.
Top Review by Chef Jennys
One of my favourite night vegetables is aubergine so I added extra and left the flour out so that I didnt need to bake it. I served it as a side dish. A very versatile dish that could be served cold, room temperature or chilled.
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the eggplant in boiling salted water for about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Saute the onion, garlic, and mushrooms in the olive oil. Add flour and stir until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Once boiling, remove from heat.
- Pour into a lightly greased casserole dish and bake at 375 F for 25 minutes. Serve hot.