Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick and easy skillet meal.
- 1 lb fully cooked kielbasa, halved and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (5 ounce) package au gratin potatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) packagefrozen california-blend frozen vegetables
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook sausage in oil until brownen and drain.
- Add potatoes with contents of sauce mix and water.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 18-20 minutes or until the potatoes are almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetables and cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes and vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
This was pretty good. Definitely easy. Needs 16-20 oz. of vegetables for sure. I would reduce the cheese by 1/2. Will make again with these changes. Thanks for the recipe!
I made too many changes to be able to rate this, but I wanted to say this is a great concept. I sauteed an onion, then some spicy turkey sausage, then added a package of just the gratin potatoes (we'd used the sauce package for something else) and cooked it all down. We added far more veggies than called for, and a package of Boursin and some seasoning to replace the flavor we would have gotten from the sauce packet. An excellent weeknight dinner.
I just dug this out of my Quick Cooking recipe vault and figured I'd give it a shot. Quick, easy and delicious. Thanks for posting so I have an e-copy now!