Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
These taste just like the ones in the box. Let me know what you think.
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes (partly thawed)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 (13 ounce) can evaporated milk, undiluted
- 1 (3 ounce) can French fried onion rings, divided
- salt and pepper
- Spray inside of crock pot with cooking spray.
- Add potatoes, soup, milk and onion rings, reserving 1/4 cup of the onion rings.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours or High about 3 hours.
- Sprinkle reserved onion rings over top just before serving.
This is a really yummy dish!!! And they just couldn't be easier to throw together. They are on the menu for Easter here at our house! Thanks for posting this Kristen.
I made this today and it was wonderful, the only thing I did different was that baked it in the oven for 1 hr at 375 degrees I have a gas oven.,and I added a little garlic and parsley&chives. with leftovers I plan to add bell peppers and scrambled eggs for breakfast. Can't wait also halfed it because there are just the 2 of us.
Very easy recipe that is delicious! I made the recipe as posted and served with a baked ham to rave reviews. This would be a great recipe for a potluck since it makes a large amount. Thank you for a recipe that I will be using many times, I'm sure!