Recipe by cookin' from scratch
From the good people at Atkins Nutritionals, finally, a crust that does not require any mixes.
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup soy flour
- 1⁄4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into 1/2 cubes, cold
- 1 tablespoon cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together, then mix in butter until you have a coarse meal.
- Add water and continue mixing until dough comes together.
- Wrap in plastic and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Roll dough in between two sheets of wax paper (to avoid adding extra flour).
- Press into 9 inch pie plate.
- Freeze for another 15 minutes.
- Use in your recipe, or for a prebaked crust, prick the botom with a fork.
- Cover the crust with foil and pile dried beans on top, to keep the foil right on the crust.
- Bake at 400 for 16 minutes.
- Remove the beans, re-cover with the foil (loosely this time) and bake another 5 minutes.