Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very nice, light, greek chicken dish. This came from the diabetics life website. Dietary Exchanges 1 Fat, 1/2 Vegetable, 6 Very Lean Meat
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, 4 pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh onion
- 1⁄4 medium green bell pepper, chopped, about 1/4 cup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- pepper (to taste)
- 8 jumbo black olives, pitted, canned, sliced
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook chicken until brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Add in the onion garlic and pepper and sauté until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- While chicken and vegetables are cooking, cook the broth, lemon juice, lemon peel, and oregano in a small pot; bring to a boil.
- Continue cooking for about 5 minutes, broth should reduce down to about 1/2 cup.
- Serve chicken topped with sauce and olives sprinkled on top.
DH and I love this chicken! I cut the recipe in half and left out the green pepper (as I really dislike bell peppers). The flavours are really good and the nutritional numbers are just what I was looking for. Low fat and low sodium. Thank you so much for sharing. I made this for New Kids on the Block tag game.