Recipe by Sharon123
Adapted from Cooking Live, this is excellent! You may add more wasabi if you want more kick! This is good with other vegetables, meat, sandwiches and crackers!
Top Review by morgainegeiser
What a great, simple and quick sauce. It sure kicks asparagus up a notch. We had quite a bit leftover, so will try it on some other veggies later in the week. Next time I will be braver and add a little more of the wasabi paste.
- 3 lbs thin to medium asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (or more, to taste)
- 2 -3 teaspoons wasabi paste (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch the asparagus in 2 batches in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 1 minute.
- Move to a colander and rinse under cold running water to stop it from cooking.
- Drain well and pat dry.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, soy sauce, sugar, lemon juice, and wasabi paste until sugar is dissolved.
- Serve asparagus with dip.
- This dip is also good as a spread for sandwiches and as a topping for cooked veggies! Enjoy!