Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Donna Hay recipe. The combination of flavors and textures is wonderful. The sauce is really versatile, and could be easily be used for other veggies. It is quick and easy to make, and makes a great vegetarian meal served over brown rice.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 ounces butter
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and halved
- black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces firm tofu, cut into 4 slices
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add butter, vinegar and water; cook another minute then add asparagus and pepper. Cook 4 more minutes, until tender.
- Place the asparagus in bowls.
- Put tofu slices in the pan with the sauce, add thyme, and cook until heated through.
- Place on the asparagus, and serve with the remaining sauce.
Nice simple recipe. The kids refused to get enthused about the asparagus or tofu but hey, I liked it. Very quick to prepare.