Recipe by carolinafan
Asparagus is one vegetable that I have to "disguise" before my family will eat it. This recipe is accepted at my house. From Taste of Home.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 garlic clove, quartered
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
Directions See How It's Made
- Place asparagus and a small amount of water in a skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, saute garlic for 1 minute; discard garlic.
- Stir in the orange juice, peel, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Drain asparagus and place in a serving dish. Drizzle with orange sauce; garnish with orange segments.