Recipe by beach bum in the Philippines
Here is another signature recipe of the Incredible Edibles Catering Co. A simple and wonderful tasting hot appetizer. If you love cheese and don't care about calories, this will really please your palate.
Top Review by cervantesbrandi
This recipe is actually wonderful, I have been making this for a while....well I cannot say this exactly, I add procuitto and chopped garlic as well.....wonderful served as brunch!
- 1 small puff pastry sheet, 1 3x4-inch piece (buttered)
- 1 baby asparagus, freshly steamed al dente
- 1 teaspoon gorgonzola (blue cheese substituted if necessary)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Take 3 sheets and butter the first then lay the 2nd on top, then butter the 2nd sheet, and then lay the 3rd sheet on top Now slice the sheet in 2 1/2 inch strips, cut each strip 4 inches. Each strip should be 4 inches long by 2 1/2 inches wide.
- Take the asparagus that has been trimmed and steamed, al dente, and place on the cut puff pastry, now brush with a little melted butter and then put a teaspoon full of cheese on it.
- Now wrap the pastry over the asparagus as in a roll. It's ok if the tip and end sticks out; seal the pastry with melted butter and put in a plastic container till ready to use and freeze.
- When ready to use, put on a greased cookie sheet and put in the oven on the middle rack or in a toaster oven. Bake in the oven on high heat till the pastry turns golden color and the cheese starts to ooze out the ends. Don't over bake or they will burn.
- Note: The reason I have put the ingredients at one each is so you can make as little or as much as you want, just follow the amount for each item how many you want to make.