Recipe by *Parsley*
This side dish is quick and easy to make. Edit 1-18-06: Thank you to the reviewer who pointed out a typo in the recipe. The amount of ground mustard has been corrected to 1 1/2 tsp. Sorry for the confusion.
Top Review by MN*Kelly
I think there may be a problem with this recipe. I tried it as written (with 1-1/2 Tablespoons of ground mustard) and it was so bitter I could hardly stand to taste it! I tried again with 1-1/2 teaspoons of ground mustard instead. It still has a slightly bitter flavor but it actually complimented the asparagus quite nicely. Together it was tasty but I took a couple of stars off for confusion.
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed and ends trimmed (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons superfine ground mustard
- 1⁄3 cup light sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam/boil asparagus until desired tenderness (usually 3-4 mintes); drain and place on serving platter.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, over med-low heat, melt butter. Add minced onion and saute for about 5-6 minutes, or until onions are translucent and tender; do not brown butter or burn onions.
- Reduce heat to low; add salt, white pepper, and ground superfine mustard. Add light sour cream and stir well. Heat through, about 1-2 minutes. Pour sauce over hot, cooked asparagus and serve.