- 2 lbs thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 lb bow tie pasta or 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- in a large pot boil pasta according to package directions.
- drain reserving 1 c of water.
- return pasta to pot heat oven to 450.
- place asparagus on a baking pan.
- drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast 10 minutes.
- add cream cheese and asparagus to the pasta over medium low heat.
- stir in 2/3 c parmesan cheese.
- stir until creamy, add some cooking liquid if pasta is too dry put pasta in a large bowl, garnish with pine nuts, chives and 1/3 parmesan cheese.