1/3 Photos of Asparagus With Bacon, Red Onion, and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Queen Dragon Mom's Note:
From America's Test Kitchen. This looks just wonderful. "To prepare the asparagus for this salad, we found that broiling concentrates the flavor of the asparagus and lightly caramelizes the peel. We prefer to use thin (under 5/8-inch) asparagus under the broiler-this lets us skip the peeling step and allows the spears to cook more evenly."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven rack to about 4 inches from heating element and heat broiler.
- 2Toss asparagus with oil and salt and pepper, then lay spears in single layer on heavy rimmed baking sheet. Broil, shaking pan halfway through to turn spears, until asparagus is tender and lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- 3Cool asparagus 5 minutes and arrange on serving dish.
- 4Fry bacon strips in medium skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp, about 6 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel–lined plate and set aside.
- 5Whisk onion, vinegar, parsley, and oil in small bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle over asparagus, sprinkle with bacon, and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus With Bacon, Red Onion, and Balsamic Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.1
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 210.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.3 g