Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
ContentMail struck again when they provided this appealing salad option as their E-mail RECIPE OF THE DAY for 8/29/2001! They acknowledged Elvee O. who said "This salad takes no more than 10 min to prepare. It's very simple, but that's the beauty of it. You don't need to add much to fresh asparagus & tomato to make them taste fantastic!" I think most of us would agree. (Time does not include time to cook & cool fresh asparagus)
- 10 ounces fresh asparagus (tips & tender stems, cooked crisp-tender & cooled)
- 1 large tomatoes (seeded & chopped)
- 3 tablespoons green onions (thinly sliced)
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt (non-fat)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (grated, fresh is best)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 -9 romaine lettuce leaves
- In a med bowl, combine asparagus, tomatoes & onions. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yoghurt, olive oil, cheese & mustard.
- Add to the veggie mixture & toss till well-coated.
- To Serve: Line salad plates w/lettuce leaves & spoon salad on top.
I love using different veggies for salads - especially green beans or asparagus and so was happy to find this different take on asparagus salad. This is a nice light salad that is simple to prepare. I too used red onion, sliced thin, because I didn't have green. The only thing I'll change next time is I'll add some minced garlic to the dressing - only beacuase to me dressing isn't dressing without the garlic! Thanks for posting this recipe!
Asparagus, asparagus, oh how art' I love thee~most especially in this fresher then fresh, wonderfully simplistic salad. Prep time is less then 10 minutes, and the taste of the mixed asparagus with tomatoes and onion lightly touched with the dressing is enough to make you share this all that grace your table. I followed this delightful recipe to a tee, except I used red onion, (didn't have green). If possible always try this with fresh, not container parmesan cheese first. You won't be sorry! Thanks, twissis...now off to find MORE asparagus!