Recipe by Chris Mitchell
I made this up from ideas from a couple of other recipes. I sometimes like to whisk a little skim milk into the soup before pouring on top so that it infiltrates down to the bottom of the pan better. You could sprinkle the top of the soup with bread crumbs but I like it with out and with out the extra calories. Sometimes I also like to add a can of sliced water chestnuts on top of the asparagus for some crunch.
Top Review by oliver.porter84
im not a fan of canned veggies so i took<br/><br/>half an onion and 1 bunch of asparagus... chopped that up added garlic rosemary and turmeric. sautéed that a bit until onions were wilted... put that over the frozen fish.... topped it with the soup (i added white pepper, fresh grated parmesan, and 1/3 of a can of 1/2 and 1/2 to it) baked it it as directed and served it over orzo rice and i will definitely be making this again!
- 1 lb tilapia fillet
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans asparagus
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer frozen fish fillets in greased casserole dish (9x9), overlapping if needed.
- Sprinkle with pepper to your liking.
- Spread the very well drained asparagus evenly over the fish.
- Spread soup evenly on top of fish and asparagus.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for about 45 minutes.