Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Asparagus on breadsticks with cheese! I got this from the Pillsbury website and made it for a get together with my friends and it went so fast my husband didn't even get to try it!
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) can Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto
- 14 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed to about 6 inches (about 4 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded asiago cheese (2 oz)
- Heat oven to 400°F Grease large cookie sheet. Unroll dough on cookie sheet. Press to 14x8-inch rectangle. Fold both long sides over about 1/2 inch to form rim, pressing to seal. Bake 8 minutes.
- Spread dough with pesto. Arrange asparagus and onion on dough. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut crosswise into 14 (1-inch) strips. Cut in half lengthwise to make 28 pieces. Serve warm or cool.