1/1 Photo of Asparagus Snack Squares
Sweet Diva's Note:
Adapted from a recipe in my Best of Country Cooking Cookbook collection. This quick pizza-like dish is great for an appetizer, or for a luncheon or light dinner. If garlic butter crescent rolls are available, I use 1 clove garlic; if not available, I use plain crescent rolls and 2 cloves garlic. I make this frequently for Sunday afternoon get-togethers. Since we go to church on Sunday mornings, I prepare everything the night before: I bake the crust, sauté ingredients and assemble everything, cover and refrigerate. When I get home from church all I have to do is take it out of the fridge and put it in the oven just until warmed through and cheese is melted. Couldn't be easier!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml sweet onion, chopped
- 1-2 garlic clove, minced
- 44.37 ml butter
- 453.59 g fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 28.34 g roasted red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 236.59 ml mushroom, sliced (optional)
- 2 (453.59 g) tubes refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, garlic butter flavor
- 113.39 g part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 113.39 g swiss cheese, shredded
- 1In a large skillet, sauté onion and garlic over medium heat, in butter until tender.
- 2Cut asparagus into 1-in. pieces; set the tips aside.
- 3Add remaining asparagus to skillet; sauté until crisp-tender, about 4-6 minutes.
- 4Add asparagus tips, mushrooms (if using) and pepper; sauté 1-2 minutes longer or until asparagus is tender.
- 5Press dough into an ungreased 15x10x1-inch baking pan; seal seams and perforations.
- 6Bake at 375F for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 7Top with asparagus mixture and roasted red peppers; sprinkle with cheeses.
- 8Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into squares.
- 9Yield: 3 dozen.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Asparagus Snack Squares
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.6
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 13.7 mg
- Sodium 101.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g